I think that we only got around 30 Trick-or-Treaters tonight. I don’t get it. The neighborhood streets were packed when I was little. My dad actually had to go get more candy one year because we ran out of our twelve bags. Now I am doubling up on my candy to kids to just get rid of it.
Here are some really cute pictures of Cameron and his friends!
Cameron and I went voting today. He was the big hit of the hour long wait in line. He was talking and smiling to all of the ladies. A few other things happened though.
- My dad, sister and a guy I work with were all in line too. I didn’t know they were going to be there.
- The lady that was in line behind me says, “Thank goodness we get to vote before that guy.” She points to the guy about 2 people behind us, and he is massively engrossed in picking his nose. She was right, what if I had to do the touch screen after him, and got his booger on my finger? I just threw up in my mouth a little.
- It was kind of a weird set up with the voting booths. You could actually walk behind people that were voting and there was no curtain behind them. So if you looked close enough, you could see who they were voting for. Does that seem weird to you? It was to me, so I asked my “election official.” She said that it had to be that way because of the way all the booths have to be attached and if you turned them around, then people could see who you were voting for through the glass behind the booth. I thought that this was a poor excuse and expressed my displeasure at the fact that anyone who walked by could read my ballot. Potentially, waiting for me outside of the polling place, and kicking my ass because I didn’t vote for who they did. They said, “Sorry.” I had to vote at the very first one that everyone could see. Luckily, I had Cameron with me, and he “sang” the entire voting process. This proves that I have the SMARTEST child on earth. What he was really doing by “singing” was drawing the attention to himself so no one could see my vote, wait outside for me, and kick my ass.
Two years ago I was watching the Today Show (I LOVE Matt Lauer), and someone did a cooking thing with this Macaroni and Cheese. I made it the next day for Thanksgiving. I am going to make it again, and I wanted to post the recipe. Note: The recipe makes a TON, you can definitely cut everything in half and have more than enough.
SERVES 6 -8
* 2 lbs elbow macaroni
* 12 eggs
* 1 cup cubed Velveeta cheese
* 1 cup butter, melted
* 6 cups half-and-half
* 4 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
* 2 cups grated extra sharp white cheddar cheese
* 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
* 1 cup grated asiago cheese
* 1 cup grated gruyere cheese
* 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
* 1 cup grated muenster cheese
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook until slightly al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Drain and set aside to keep warm.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until frothy.
- Combine the eggs with the Velveeta, butter, and 2 cups of the half-and-half in a large bowl.
- Add the warm macaroni, tossing until the cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the remaining half-and-half, 3 cups of the sharp yellow cheddar (reserve 1 cup), the remaining grated cheeses, and salt and pepper.
- Toss until completely combined.
- Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13 casserole or baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle top with the remaining 1 cup of yellow cheddar cheese and bake an additional 30 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Serve hot.
Here is a picture of Kaytie and I growing up. I think I was probably 8 and Kaytie was 3 (or 9 and 4).
My friend Elaine made a list of 101 goals to complete in 1,001 days. She made a really cool list, and I really liked the idea, so I made a list too. It comes from a website (check it out here) where there are rules and things to help you get started. I spent ALL DAY yesterday coming up with my list. It is hard because you don’t want to add anything to your list that is not something that you would want to do, or something that you don’t know why you are doing it. Well, I finished my list at about 11 o’clock last night, and it is now posted on the side of my blog. I will cross off each item when I complete them, and try to update here, on my blog every once in a while. You should think about making your own 101 list, it can be very cool!
Start Date: Monday, October 27 2008
End Date: Sunday, July 25 2011
Bold = In Progress
1. Stop biting my nails
2. Pay off all credit card debt
3. Join Project 365 or do Project Life.
4. Blog everyday for a month (30/30) Completed 12/19/08
5. Buy fresh flowers for our house at least twelve times (0/12)
6. Make enough blankets to sell at a craft fair or on Etsy.
7. Actually sell my blankets at a craft fair or on Etsy.
8. Don’t eat fast food for an entire month (0/30)
9. Lose 10 pounds Completed 2/15/2009
10. Lose 10 more pounds
11. Lose another 10 pounds
12. Complete a triathlon
13. Have my friends over for lunch.
14. Actually cook the lunch when they come over.
15. Try a yoga class. Completed 12/10/09
16. Completely finish decorating our bedroom.
17. Take a photography class.
18. Start playing tennis again
19. Don’t watch any tv for an entire week (0/7)
20. Drink 8 glasses of water every day for one month (0/240)
21. Don’t use any f-bombs for one month (0/30)
22. Read 36 books (12/36)
23. Read all the books I own that I have not read yet.
24. Eat breakfast every day for a month (0/30)
25. Organize all my crocheting stuff.
26. Start a gratitude journal, list things I am grateful for everyday. Completed December 2008.
27. Floss every day for a month (0/30)
FOR RIAN, CAMERON AND I:
28. Go on 18 date nights with Rian (7/18)
29. Go to Hawaii with Rian and Cameron
30. Get the entire family library cards Completed October 2009.
31. Mow the lawn for Rian three times (0/3)
32. Learn how to mow the lawn
33. Clean out the garage (again)
34. Take Cameron to a CSU football game
35. Take Cameron to a Broncos game
36. Take Cameron to an Av’s game
37. Make a blanket for Rian
38. Take my dogs on a walk every day for a month (0/30)
39. Create a will for Rian and I
40. Take Cameron to Marcella and Clif’s cabin
41. Take Cameron to the Children’s Museum
42. Go through Cameron’s clothes once a month. (12/35)
43. Organize and print Cameron’s pictures.
44. Check mail every day for one month (0/30)
45. Go through mail immediately after I check it.
46. Take Rian lunch to his office. Completed 6/23/09.
47. Wash the dishes every night for a month. (0/30)
48. Eat dinner at the kitchen table every night for one month. (0/30)
49. Have”first snow gifts” for Cameron ready by September (1/4)
50. Keep up to date with Cameron’s journal.
51. Come up with a savings “plan” for Cameron. Completed 8/13/09
52. Take Cameron camping.
53. Finish Noah’s scrapbook
54. Take Noah on a weekend away with us.
55. Help my sister clean her house 8 times (.5/8)
56. Take my mom and sister to NYC
57. Take my family to The Melting Pot
58. Get my dad to start playing tennis again
59. Take Cameron to Phoenix to meet Olivia, Becky and John
60. Take Cameron to Boise to meet Christine and Ben. Completed 3/21/2009
61. Grow my hair long enough to donate to “Locks of Love”. Completed 8/16/09.
62. Buy Gateaux cookies for somebody
63. Make dinner for our next-door neighbors
64. Wrap every gift that I give in wrapping paper for an entire year (not a gift bag, I like opening presents that are wrapped). Completed 12/09
65. Write 10 positive letters to parents about their students (5/10)
66. Volunteer for a non-profit (not sure which one yet)
67. Make lunch for my co-workers.
68. Donate $1 for every goal not completed.
69. Give 10 “just because” gifts (1/10)
70. Go to the Botanic Gardens in Denver. Completed 7/23/09.
71. Go to the zoo in the summer. Completed 6/16/09.
72. Go to the zoo in the winter (Zoo Lights) Completed 12/13/09.
73. Go see a Pat Green concert in Texas
74. See AC/DC in concert.
75. See OAR in concert again. Completed 6/5/09.
76. Hike to Hanging Lake
77. Go paddle boating at Aurora Reservoir
78. Go sledding in the mountains
79. Go to the drive-in in Fort Collins
80. Go to Savannah, Georgia on a girl’s trip.
81. Start planning for the next girl’s trip.
82. Start planning Mexico girl’s trip.
83. Watch every season of Arrested Development. (1/3)
84. Buy a Wii. . Completed 12/25/08 – I didn’t actually buy it for myself, I got it for Christmas, but that totally still counts.
85. Go to a corn maze.
86. Go paint pottery. Completed 8/14/09
87. Go to Steamboat in the summer
88. Go to Steamboat in the winter
89. Eliminate use of plastic bags while shopping
90. Start recycling at home
FOR THE ROAD:
I know me, and I know in a few weeks or months there will be things I want to add to this list. So, I have a “For the Road” section to be added to randomly.
91. Have a party when I complete my 101 goals.
92. Clean out my car on a monthly basis. (11/35)
93. Go to the Parade of Lights. Completed 12/5/08
94. Get someone to start their own blog. (Hopefully Kaytie or Kristi) Completed 12/10/08
95. Take Cameron to a Nuggets game. Completed January 3, 2008. Nuggets beat New Orleans 105-100!
96. Private Goal.
97. Have a garage sale.
98. To be added later.
99. To be added later.
100. To be added later.
101. To be added later.
Cameron is growing so fast! Tomorrow is his 4 month doctors appointment, (he has to get shots) and I can’t wait to see how long he is and how much he weighs. Recently, Rian and I have been noticing that his clothes are getting a little tight in the length. He is getting to long for his 3-6 month outfits. So I am going to be changing his clothes a lot over the next few weeks to make sure that he gets in all of his super cute outfits.
One of the new things that Cameron has been doing is sucking his two fingers. He does it when he starts to get tired, and it is precious. Although, he does suck them pretty hard until he falls asleep. Another cute thing he is doing is blowing spit bubbles all of the time. I am going to try and get a video of it so everyone can see, it is really funny.
One of my favorite jobs as a high school teacher is selling tickets at the Homecoming Dance. I work with Elaine every year, and we like to see all of the girls dresses, and how excited all of the kids are. Rian was out of town on Homecoming, so Cameron came to the dance with us. He was such a good boy and slept through the ticket rush, and then woke up and flirted with Elaine for a while.
We got Cameron a new, really sweet outfit. He got some new Vans (his other ones are too small now) and a matching onesie. They have a skull and crossbones on the shoes and onesie. We of course paired that with some grey sweats and a camo hoodie. He paired it with a cookie monster rattle. He rocked it.