I am writing this blog as Rian sets up our Guitar Hero. We are going on tour.
Our band’s name: Cameron Crazies (Your next most logical question should be: Did you name your baby after the Cameron Crazies at Duke or Cam the Ram? Our answer: No, we named Cameron so sporadically that there was no logical thought put into it. However, we do love Duke and Cam the Ram. So we are okay with it.)
We got Guitar Hero for Christmas last year and haven’t played since last January. We saw it in our closet the other day and decided, we needed to rock. Wish the band luck, we will need it.
This sweet baby of course!
(Pictures to be added tomorrow, I am to cold to get up off the couch and do it right now)
Kaytie and I went to go see Twilight today. We went on a Tuesday morning for one reason. I did not want to go see this movie with my high school students. So we went today. It was awesome.
We dropped off Cameron and Noah at my mom’s house, got in the car where Kaytie proceeded to proclaim, “I have been waiting my whole life to see this!” I thought that was a bold statement considering I am the one who introduced her to the books only this summer. She didn’t care, she still said, “My whole life.”
We get to the theater, buy our tickets and buy about $21 worth of concessions. We of course had to document the entire experience because we were so excited.
Movie starts. Movie ends. I finally breathe.
I didn’t think that I was going to like it as much as I did. I knew that it wouldn’t be the exact same as the book, but I thought it was awesome. I didn’t think that I was going to like the actor who played Edward, but he walked on the screen, and I was immediately taken. He was awesome as Edward.
On the way home, we talked about how we hope that they make the movies quickly back-to-back. I for one don’t want to wait ten years to see all four movies.
Some people have been asking how my goals have been going. So I thought that I would update you on my progress.
3. Join Project 365 – check out my website http://photosbyjenn-365days.blogspot.com/
4. Blog everyday for a month (4/30) – well I am back at it, so we will see how it goes
9. Lose 10 pounds – still in the process on this one. I am joining the rec center this week, so this will probably help
22. Read 36 books (1/36) – I just finished reading “The Secret Life of Bees.” It was AWESOME, I really loved it and I can’t wait to see the movie. I heard that the movie was good.
42. Go through Cameron’s clothes once a month. (1/35) – I boxed up all of Cameron’s 0-3 month clothes, and am starting on the 3-6 month. He is already wearing 6 months at only 5 months old!
49. Have”first snow gifts” for Cameron ready by September (1/4) – I read an article about giving your kids a present the first day that it snows every year. This year, he got a new hat and gloves. I will try to get a better picture, but this one will have to do for now.
50. Keep up to date with Cameron’s journal. – I try and write in Cameron’s journal every other night, just updating what we are doing or any significant things that Cameron accomplishes.
55. Help my sister clean her house 8 times (.5/8) – My mom and I helped Kaytie a few weeks ago. I actually didn’t do much except help sort out Noah’s old clothes, so I only gave myself a .5 for this.
61. Grow my hair long enough to donate to “Locks of Love”. – This is going to take a while as my sister just cut all my hair off at the end of August.
64. Wrap every gift that I give in wrapping paper for an entire year (not a gift bag, I like opening presents that are wrapped) – I just gave Elaine a birthday gift this morning wrapped in really pretty paper.
89. Eliminate use of plastic bags while shopping – I have about 20 reusable bags, and I am really trying to use them at all times. It is a bit hard , but I am definitely more aware of it now. I need to bring them with me when I go to places that aren’t the grocery store.
92. Clean out my car on a monthly basis. (1/36) – I will probably clean out my car again sometime this week.
I knew it was coming. After Cameron’s 4 month doctor’s appointment, we were allowed to start feeding him rice cereal and the stage 1 baby food. Over the past two weeks, the poo has changed, and it is disgusting.
It is so disgusting that so far I haven’t been able to change a poop diaper without dry heaving. It is so disgusting that as soon as I have the diaper off and wrapped up, I put them in the trash, in the garage.
Here is the sad/funny part about this whole new poop process. Cameron’s face is hilarious while he is trying to work it out. His entire face turns red and he grunts so loud. Sometimes he even starts to cry a little bit. I have documented this process with a picture. I think it would be funny to take a video too, but who wants to watch a poop video on a blog? Probably no one. But I totally am going to post the picture.
I think he looks like his daddy in this picture.
Who would have thought I would be blogging about baby poo?
So, I am again tonight writing past midnight. I will still count it as Saturday because I haven’t gone to bed. Why haven’t I gone to bed until after midnight both Friday and Saturday you may ask? Well, because we have been having a heated Mexican Train battle.
Last year Rian and I went up to the mountains with my co-workers. They taught us a dominoes game called Mexican Train. We loved playing it so much, that we came home, bought a dominoes set at Target and taught my parents. Well, for the past year, we have been playing, and believe me, the games get intense. So intense in fact, that we play until well past midnight. So intense that we had to buy an official score book so Rian would stop lying about how many times he has supposedly won. So intense that if you walked into the house during a game, you would definitely hear an f-bomb within ten minutes. It is a blast, and my entire family loves it.
You can get your own Mexican Train set at Target. Here is a link to the set, the set shown goes to double 15, and we only play to double 12, so it is a little bit different. They do have the double 12 set at Target though, I got one for a friend the other day. Check it out, it’s fun. Seriously.
Mexican Train Set at Target
I am to tired right now to write an entire blog, I had a VERY long day (it is past midnight here, but I still count it as Friday since I haven’t gone to bed yet). So I am going to give you a hint of what’s on tap for the Kearney blog this week:
- Mexican Train
- DECA Districts
- Hopefully I can get Rian to write a blog sometime soon