I have been searching high and low for the perfect photo albums to put all of our pictures in from the past 5 years. I wanted something uniform that I could hopefully just keep going for years to come. I found them today on a whim!
Pebble Photo Album from Crate and Barrell
I bought 5. I am considering buying 5 more next month just in case they are discontinued in the future so that I have them.
I also got THIS! Remember how I wanted this for Mother’s Day? Well, I just bought one today!
Retrofied – Cute bags, laptop cases, etc. Check it out!
Cameron taking a nap in the big boy bed. The only way he was able to be consoled at the time.
Last week was awful for Cameron. He had double ear infections that were causing vomiting and really high fevers. He went to the doctor last Monday and got some antibiotics. On Thursday, he was still not doing better at all. In fact, he was crying about every ten minutes grabbing his ears and was still running a high fever. He also had ate nothing all day and had only had 2 wet diapers. At about 8:00pm Thursday night, Rian and I couldn’t take it anymore. He was inconsolable, in pain and had a fever. We decided that we couldn’t wait for the doctor in the morning, so we took him to the Emergency Room at the Children’s Hospital at Parker.
It was so sad. The nurses had to literally pry his mouth open to check his throat, give him a strep test, force fluids down his throat and give him medicine. Awful. I cried. Multiple times. He didn’t have strep thankfully, but he did need a new antibiotic because the first one wasn’t doing the trick. He also got some numbing drops for his ears to help him get a bit of uninterrupted painful sleep.
We finally got to go home about 11:30pm. The next day he did a bit better and has been feeling a bit better ever since. However, it was one hard week for all of us. We are still trying to catch up on sleep.
At the hospital reading “Hug Time.” Cameron’s favorite book.
I read this on another blog today and had to post it here so I will remember it!
“A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.” -Anonymous
I wish that Katie Holmes hairstylist was mine for all time. I love every hairstyle she has had since her and Tom got together. I saw this picture this morning. She is on the left, it is from an article about how she will be playing Jackie Onassis in a future film. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE her hair in this picture. I think my hair is almost long enough to pull this off! YAY!
My friend Elaine at FIRST BABY BUMP nominated me for my very first blogging award! I got so excited that it has pushed me into actually doing a better job of blogging! Thank you Elaine! Check it out!
What is a Stiletto Award???
There are thousands of blogs, and there are hundreds of awards. The Stiletto Award is a little different than most!
The Stiletto Award Is For Excellence in Blogging!
I want to salute the women who balance life, family & relationships with style & class! Those women who share their experiences with us…who encourage us, inspire us, teach us, make us laugh and basically keep us going! You know who they are! While you read this blog, your family is looking at you wondering what the heck you are laughing about so hard…or why the tissue is necessary for internet browsing. It’s the one that the kids are excited about cuz a new post means a new craft project or family outing. The one that inspires you to be a better mom, friend, person in general. The one that reminds you that we are all “in this life together” and you’re not the only one going through the hard stuff. The one that you secretly wish your blog was like…
If you’ve received this award, someone out there thinks you deserve it! Be proud! Display the badge with honor! You earned it…after all it means that you brought something special to at least one other person, and really, isn’t that what life’s all about????
This blog is meant to be shared, to be given out, to be bestowed upon any and ALL women who exemplify what the stiletto represents. If you’ve received this award, here’s what you do:
1. Display your Stiletto Badge of Honor on your sidebar! Wear it with pride!
2. BRAG ABOUT IT
3. SAY THANKS
4. SHARE THE LOVE
5. DO WHAT YOU DO…keep at it. Keep inspiring and encouraging and sharing your life! We love it and we thank you!!!
This is a test. This blog owner will now be performing a test to see if her husband even reads her blog.
A friend of a friend at THE BJORN IDENTITY did a post on what she wished for Mother’s Day. Here is my wish list. I definitely don’t need all of them, one or two would be great though!
1. The Picture Keeper. Our computer is getting old. I am constantly worried that I am going to lose all of my memories. The Picture Keeper plugs right into the USB and finds the pictures and can save them to it. I must get one of these soon. I am thinking about getting one per year that I have digital pictures saved (I think since 2005).
2. The Tiffany Key. I am a sucker for romance and I think that the idea behind the Tiffany Key is so romantic! Your husband giving you the key to his heart? Isn’t that a beautiful, loving thought? I even like the one with the heart (even though I usually hate heart shaped necklaces). Also check out Blair wearing a Tiffany Key on one of my fave’s, Gossip Girl.
3. iPad. Remember that our computer is old? It is about to kick the dust. All I really need in a computer is pictures, email and some basic word processing. I think the iPad is for me!
4. Fleur de Lys Barware. I love, love, love, love, love, love, love these barware sets! I love all the four colors-blue, pink, green and clear. I am pretty sure that I am going to tell Rian as soon as I am done with this post, that if he doesn’t plan on getting me these for Mother’s Day, then I am going to go buy them for myself tomorrow! Only $11.96 for a set of 4! A MUST HAVE!