Happy 6th Birthday! We are so happy to have such an amazing kid. You are so awesome. Here is what we love about you most:
1. You are so smart and studious. You absolutely love school and learning. The past few months you learned to read, and every time you read Mommy a new book and sound out some new, hard words, I cry. You work so hard on having very good handwriting, and you love working in the Kindergarten workbook we have at home. In the car, you ask us math problems and you like us to ask you too. We hope you stay this way forever! School is cool and so are books and reading!
2. You are kind. You have a sensitive spot in your heart for everybody and everything. Mommy thinks we might be raising a little animal rights activist. You heard on the San Diego news about some of the “stuff” surrounding orcas and Sea World. You asked me to explain, and then proceeded to tell me that Sea World people need to sit in time out and figure out what they are doing wrong because you want the orcas to be happy. (Couldn’t have said it better myself). You truly care about your brothers and family. Just the other day you were so worried that your brothers wouldn’t have any presents to open on your birthday, so we had better get them a present too. Your kindness shows to everyone you meet, and you help make everyone’s day a little brighter because of it.
3. You are a great friend. Also, you make friends wherever you go. We went to the park last Sunday night. You made two new friends. We went back to the park for the next two nights, because you wanted to bring your new friends some different sand toys to play with. I am pretty sure we have NEVER been to a park where you didn’t make a friend for you and your brothers to play with.
4. You are athletic. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, you amaze me when you swim in that pool! You love swimming! I can’t believe that you already know the butterfly stroke. It’s amazing. And you are good at it. Also, you had to go to a skills test for the soccer league here in California since we are new to the league. Daddy and I were a little nervous because you didn’t play soccer in the spring, and you kind of goofed around last fall. Oh my goodness! You did great! You are so fast, and you were aggressive! We love to watch you play and swim. Also, you might be the fastest kid in Southern California. Holy mackerel, can you run fast.
5. You are artistic! This is just starting to show, but you are starting to draw me little animal pictures and “decorate the letters” that you write. You drew a picture the other day of you beating Daddy at soccer. You love to paint, color and draw. Mommy is so happy that you love to do this kind of thing, and hope that it stays around forever.
6. You are a jokester. You love to trick Mommy and Daddy and tell jokes. You have a great sense of humor that leaves your entire family laughing and smiling. The funniest thing you said recently is when you were talking to your Nana about spending the night at her hotel. She asked you if you wanted to sleep by yourself, or with her or Papa John. Your answer was so awesome. You said, “I prefer to sleep with women when I am not at my home.” Hilarious. You are hilarious.
Cameron, we love you so much. We are so excited for your new kindergarten adventure, and we can’t wait to see what you do this year. We love you thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssssssssss BIG!
Love, Mommy and Daddy
Photo Creds too: Renee Hindman Photography